Wednesday, February 5, 2014

                                                                                                                            Curtis Lowe

 Today was just one of those days where the customer was a pain. I know the job I do is looked at like we can not be trusted. I also know must of the old customers think they can do the job their self. I know differently. The car I am talking about is a Toyota prius and the part is a water pump. but guess what it is not a belt driven pump it is electric with a computer in it. Yes I said electric with a computer in it so you cant un bolt and rebolt a new one and done.
  This guy thought it was so easy but he watched ,way to close for my comfort, and he asked me all kinds of questions. He really got on my nerves and it made it hard to work and try to do a good job. I finally got done and taught him the lesson on how to. Then after I had to use the scan tool to program the pump and make sure it worked and test drive he never once admitted he could not have done this himself. I felt after all I taught him and showed him he did not say thank you or anything which made me madder. The car is advance technology first of all and then when he retired twenty years ago the cars only had one 8 bit computer. Now car have up to thirty computers and use fiber optic cables. Most of the time now we can fix the car just with a new program so how does this guy tell me he can do this after being retired for twenty years and while we are talking I realize he is glue less and the topic but wants to talk and act like he is the stuff.  Yes his car is fixed so he is out of my hair. 
 So I get asked many times a day why the career change the answers keep building every day. I will be very happy when this school is over and I am in the new field.

No comments:

Post a Comment