Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Grandparents eyes

    Hello today is a good day to talk about grandchildren and how as a grandparent you see how your kids seen you while they where growing up.  I have noticed my son playing with the grandson and remember doing the same things with him.  Hearing the laughing and seeing the big smiles and eyes filled will joy. I really enjoyed those time with my kids and now I see them doing the same things with their kids. I as the grand parent get to have different fun now.  We can break some of the rules that we would never break as parents like having ice cream before dinner. Yes of course it makes the new mommies and daddies mad cause I would never let them do that but hey what are grand parents for if not to now spoil the babies.
   Things that would have made me very mad now just makes me smile for example all my kids got in to a large jar of Vaseline and would spread it all over their room.  What a huge mess to clean and man was I mad but I ending up cleaning it yelling of course but then take the time to love up on them and teach them not to play with that stuff.  Just the other day grandson found a jar and spread it all over mommy and daddy's bedroom so I got to laugh but I also seen how I handled it in their eyes. This act actually made me feel like I did something right in raise my kids. the baby was yelled at and after cleaning they loved up on him to make him feel better.
   I remember teaching my kids to ride bicycles and the tough lessons that go with it. Last week they were trying to teach the grandson to ride for the first time. It was the same lessons taught the same ways with love and patience. I got to help with the ride part and the crash part and the doctor part but at the end of the day it was good to look back and see how I taught my kids and I could see how they felt loved and cared for and how they passed it on to the next generation. I can see things so differently now that I can see how people seen me back then and how I have changed. I see my kids are better prepared to be a parent than I was and I am thankful for the lessons I taught them and they taught me. Everyday is a new learning experience for I see through my kids eyes how they seen me as they are parenting the grandchildren. I have the pleasure of spoiling the babies because when I was parenting mine I was not able to and didn't feel it would have been the right thing to do
  

2 comments:

  1. I am far from being a grandparent, a parent even but I remember my mom always saying that. She could always spoil her grandchildren in a different way than her kids. I can't wait to experience both. Enjoy it now since the hardest part is over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be nice to see your grandbabies giving your kids a run for their money. While you relax.

    ReplyDelete