Wednesday, January 8, 2014

first blog

        Hey today, I guess first topic of choice will be four wheel drive trucks.   How they have changed over the years. How we use them differently.  How we use the new technology in many new cars and trucks today. Four wheel drive trucks are not for every one but I enjoy mine. 

Trucks were the first cars to come four wheel drive. The drive had to get out of the truck turn some knobs and move a different shift lever which was confusing to many and still is to new drivers. The trucks came with only one rear wheel the would power the truck and when applied one front wheel. As they advanced they hubs became auto so you didn't have to get out of the truck. Then even nicer things like locking axles and auto four wheel drive systems. A good four wheel drive now is called all wheel drive and completely automatic. 

Four wheel drive systems have many different uses today help stability and traction control and some cars will actually lift or lower the car to help the driver. A driver doesn't even have to push a button anymore the computers just does everything. Some car manufacturers don't even have the old lock the hub and shift the transfer case anymore. Many car companies have limited slip transfer cases so the ABS can keep the correct wheel with power.

 I have built my own four wheel drive truck with a certain plan to be able to play in the mud and help others get unstuck. I prefer Toyota older solid axle trucks. I have had very good luck with them and yes I know everyone has a different choice like Ford, Chevy,Dodge or even Jeep. While everyone has there own choice for different reasons I have chosen Toyota because I have seen them do better through rougher train with less problem.        

No comments:

Post a Comment